Fourth Edition Of ‘Innovations For You’ : Coffee Table Book Series
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) NITI Aayog recently launched the fourth edition of ‘Innovations for You’ coffee table book featuring 75 successful women entrepreneurs of India.
- ‘Innovations For You’ is a Coffee Table Book series with 3 editions being released previously.
- The book captures success stories of start-ups supported through Atal Incubation Centres, Atal Community Innovation Centres and Atal New India Challenges, three flagship programs under the Atal Innovation Mission.
- Each edition showcases the journey of entrepreneurs working in different sectors and is dedicated to creating new, disruptive, innovative products, services, and solutions that can pave the path for a sustainable future.
- The first edition was focused on the Healthcare sector; the second on Agriculture and the Allied sector and the third on Transport and Mobility.
- Out of the 2900 plus startups supported by AIM, more than 850 plus are led by women.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM):
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) including Self-Employment and Talent Utilisation (SETU) is Government of India’s endeavour to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship esp. in technology driven areas.
- Mission HQ: New Delhi.
- In 2016, Union Cabinet approved the establishment of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Self-Employment and Talent Utilisation (SETU) in NITI Aayog.
- It has two core Functions:
- (1) Entrepreneurship promotion through Self-Employment and Talent Utilisation wherein innovators will be supported to become successful entrepreneurs and
- (2) Innovation promotion to provide a platform where innovative ideas are generated.