Global Partnership On Artificial Intelligence : India To Host
India is hosting the Annual Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) Summit from December 12 – 14, 2023.
- Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence is a multi-stakeholder initiative which aims to bridge the gap between theory and practice on AI by supporting cutting-edge research and applied activities on AI-related priorities.
- It was launched in June 2020.
- Membership in GPAI is open to all countries, including emerging and developing countries.
- At present it has 28 member countries including the European Union.
- India is one of the founding members of GPAI.
- Its secretariat is hosted at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Paris.
- It has a Council and a Steering Committee.
- It has two Centres of Expertise: One in Montreal and another in Paris.
- These Centres of Expertise will facilitate GPAI’s four working groups and their research and practical projects, across various sectors and disciplines.