Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Meta (formerly Facebook) have launched the second phase of the GOAL Programme (GOAL 2.0).
- GOAL (Going Online as Leaders) was launched as a pilot project in May 2020 and it was completed by December 2021.
- It aimed at digital empowerment of tribal youth and women through the concept of mentor and mentee.
- The programme is fully funded by Meta (Facebook India).
- Trainings were provided for three pillars:
- Communication & Life Skills
- Enabling Digital Presence
- Leadership & Entrepreneurship
- Goal 2.0 program will be open to all people from tribal communities.
- In Phase-I, the digital mentorship was provided online by attaching one mentor to 2 mentees.
- The program aims to upskill and digitally enable tribal youth via Facebook live sessions and Meta Business Coach, a digital learning tool.
- There will be special focus on more than 10 lakh members of 50000 Vandhan Self Help Groups.
- They will be digitally trained with regard to market demand, packaging, branding and marketing of their products.
- The GOAL 2 will enable maximum participation and percolation of benefits of the training within the tribal youth with provision of Chatbot, need based on line sessions from Industry experts in different fields as per requirements from the mentees.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs in coordination with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, will be providing 6 digital classes in each of the 175 Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) selected under the program.
- The project is being implemented by The Education and Research Network, which is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeITY).