Gobardhan Portal : Registered Biogas Plants
Over 1,200 biogas plants have registered on the Gobardhan portal since it was launched, according to an official release.
- Gobardhan portal serves as a centralized repository for assessing investment and participation in the Biogas/CBG (Compressed Biogas) sector at a pan-India level.
- Objective is to streamline the process of setting up CBG/Biogas plants in the country.
- It allows any government, cooperative or private entity operating or intending to set up a Biogas/CBG/Bio-CNG plant in India to obtain a registration number by enrolling in the portal.
- This registration number will enable them to avail a multitude of benefits and support from the Ministries and Departments of the Government of India.
- Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan is a crucial umbrella initiative of the Government of India.
- The government launched the Gobardhan scheme in 2018 as a national priority project under the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen-Phase II program.
- Aim is to generate wealth and energy by converting cattle dung, agricultural residue, and other organic waste into Biogas, CBG and bio-fertilizers.
- It adopts a whole-of-government approach and aims to convert waste into wealth, thereby promoting a circular economy.
- Nodal Ministry: The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.