Union Minister for Jal Shakti has launched the Unified Registration Portal for GOBARdhan.
- Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan, is a crucial umbrella initiative of the Government of India.
- The government launched the Gobardhan scheme in 2018 as a national priority project under the Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen-Phase II program.
- Aim: To generate wealth and energy by converting cattle dung, agricultural residue, and other organic waste into Biogas, CBG and bio-fertilizers.
- It adopts a whole-of-government approach and aims to convert waste into wealth, thereby promoting a circular economy.
- Nodal Ministry: The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Unified Registration Portal will serve as a centralized repository for assessing investment and participation in the Biogas/CBG (Compressed Biogas) sector at a pan India level.
- Primary objective is to streamline the process of setting up CBG/Biogas plants in the country.
- The Unified Registration Portal allows any government, cooperative or private entity operating or intending to set up a Biogas/CBG/Bio-CNG plant in India to obtain a registration number by enrolling in the portal.