Government Of National Capital Territory Of Delhi (Amendment) Ordinance, 2023:
The President recently promulgated the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Ordinance, 2023 to make a fresh claim of power over the services in the capital.
- The Supreme Court recently ruled that the Delhi Govt will have legislative and executive control over administrative services in the National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCTD) except with regard to public order, police and land.
- Now, the Centre has brought the ordinance which nullifies the SC order.
- Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Ordinance, 2023 seeks to establish for the first time the National Capital Civil Service Authority (NCCSA).
- NCCSA Composition will be headed by the Chief Minister of Delhi, with the Chief Secretary and Principal Home Secretary of Delhi being the other two members.
- NCCSA will make recommendations to the Lieutenant Governor (LG) regarding transfer, posting, vigilance and other incidental matters of all Group ‘A’ officers and officers of DANICS serving in the Government of NCTD.
- All matters required to be decided by the NCCSA shall be decided by majority of votes of the members present and voting.
- The decision of the elected chief minister of Delhi can be overruled by the two senior bureaucrats.