Jaisamand Wildlife : Jungle Safari
Rajasthan Chief Minister recently inaugurated ‘Jungle Safari’ at Jaisamand Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Jaisamand Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Udaipur district of Rajasthan surrounding Debar Lake (Jaisamand Lake).
- The forest of the Sanctuary used to be a Shikargah (Game Reserve) of the erstwhile Maharanas of Mewar.
- It was declared a Wildlife Sanctuary in the year 1957.
- The flora of this Sanctuary comprises of thickly wooded forests of mainly Teak wood.
- It is habitat to a large variety of animals like Bears, Black Bucks, Blue Bulls, Chinkaras, Chittal or Spotted Deer, Civets, Common Langurs, Four-horned Antelope, Foxes etc.
- It is also home to a huge variety of over 300 species of resident as well as migratory birds like Babblers, Buzzards, Curlews, Dalmatian Pelicans, Darters, Doves, Eagles, Egrets, Falcons, etc.