Gramodyog Vikas Yojana:
The Lieutenant Governor of Delhi distributed Honey Bee-Boxes and Toolkits to 130 beneficiaries in the program which was organized under the ‘Gramodyog Vikas Yojna’ of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
- Gramodyog Vikas Yojana is one of the two components of Khadi Gramodyog Vikas Yojana which aims to promote and develop the village industries through common facilities, technological modernization, training etc.
- It includes the activities carried out under different village industries.
- Components of the Yojana
- Research & Development and Product Innovation: R&D support would be given to the institutions that intend to carry product development, new innovations, design development, product diversification processes etc.
- Capacity Building: Under the Human Resource Development and Skill Training components, exclusive capacity building of staff as well as the artisans would be adequately addressed through the existing MDTCs and institutions of excellence.
- Marketing & Publicity: The V.I. institutions will be provided market support by way of preparation of product catalogue, Industry directory, market research, new marketing techniques, buyer seller meet, arranging exhibitions etc.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission:
- It is a statutory body established under the Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act, of 1956.
- The KVIC is charged with the planning, promotion, organisation and implementation of programmes for the development of Khadi and other village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary.