Gutti Koya Tribe:
Gutti Koya tribes people erect stone memorials in the event of death of their three most important service providers namely physician, priest and village leader.
- Gutti Koya tribe is concentrated in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Odisha.
- They speak the Koya, which is a Dravidian language.
- The most important fair celebrated by Koyas is the Sammakka Saralamma Jatraonce in two years on full moon day of the Magha Masam (January or February) at Medaram village in Mulug taluk of Warangal district.
- They practice Podu form of shifting cultivation, as practiced by various tribal groups in forest areas has for long been an economical survival versus environmental sustenance issue.
- The held ST status in Chattisgarh but they were not granted ST status in their migrated states such as Telangana.
- They earn a living through animal husbandry and minor forest produce.