Harayana Recovery Of Damages To Property During Disturbance To Public Order Bill, 2021:
The Government of Haryana has passed the Haraya Recovery of Damages to Property During Disturbance to Public Order Bill, 2021.
- It can be noted that earlier Uttar Pradesh Government too had passed a similar bill named “Uttar Pradesh Recovery of Damages to Public and Private Property Act, 2020.
About the Bill:
- Recovery of Damages: The Bill provides for recovery of damages to properties caused by persons during disturbances to public order by an assembly, lawful or unlawful, including riots and violent disorder.
- It also ensures compensation to the victims.
- The recovery will not only be made from those who indulge in violence but also from those who lead the protest, the organizers, those involved in its planning and provide encouragement, and the participants.
- Establishes a Claim Tribunal: The provision for the constitution of Claims Tribunal to determine the liability, to assess the damages caused, and to award compensation.
- The power to attach property or bank account of any person against whom an award has been passed by the Claims Tribunal to pay compensation.
- Any person aggrieved by the award passed by the Claims Tribunal may file an appeal before the High Court of Punjab and Haryana.
- No civil court shall have the jurisdiction to entertain any question relating to the claim for the compensation