US India Artificial Intelligence (USIAI):
US India Artificial Intelligence (USIAI) initiative has been launched to scale up the science and technology relationship between India and the United States.
- US India Artificial Intelligence (USIAI) is an initiative of the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) which was established in March 2000.
- The Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India, and the U.S. Department of State are respective nodal departments for IUSSTF.
- The USIAI will focus on AI cooperation in critical areas that are priorities for both countries.
- Example: Healthcare, smart cities, materials, agriculture, energy, and manufacturing.
- It will bring together key stakeholders from India and the United States to create synergies that address challenges and opportunities at the interface of science, technology, and society.
- This will provide an opportunity to discuss the emerging AI landscape, and address the challenges of developing an AI workforce.