Heritage Corridor Around The Jagannath Temple:
The Chief Minister of Odisha unveiled a sprawling heritage corridor around the Jagannath Temple in Puri.
- Jagannath Temple is located in Puri, Odisha.
- It is one of the most famous and sacred Hindu temples in the world.
- It is dedicated to Lord Jagannath, a form of the Hindu deity Vishnu.
- It is believed to have been built during the reign of King Anantavarman Chodaganga Deva, of the Eastern Ganga dynasty, in the 12th century.
- The Jagannath Temple is a striking example of Kalinga architecture, a distinct style prevalent in the Odisha region.
- The temple’s main structure, the sanctum sanctorum, or the garbhagriha, houses the idols of Lord Jagannath, Balabhadra, and Subhadra.
- Ratha Yatra is a Hindu festival associated with Lord Jagannath held at Puri in Odisha.
- The most famous Rath Yatra festival begins on the second day of the bright half of the lunar month of Ashadha (June–July) and lasts for nine days.