Pulikulam Cattle Breed:
Interest in indigenous cattle breeds like the Pulikulam is reviving which is famous for a local game called Jallikattu in Tamilnadu.
- Pulikulam Cattle breed is a popular draught and game breed of Tamil Nadu.
- The cattle originated from Pulikulam; a village located in Sivaganga district of Tamil Nadu.
- It is also known as Palingu maadu, Mani maadu, Jallikattu maadu, Mattu maadu and Kilakattu maadu.
- These are maintained as migratory herds, and its draught and manure capabilities play a significant role in the rural livelihood of the communities rearing them for draught and organic agricultural production.
- This breed of cattle is famous for a local game called Jallikattu where bulls are used as a bull-taming sport.
- Pulikulam / Alambadi bulls are dark grey, almost black and cows grey or white.