Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina held bilateral talks in New Delhi to review and further strengthen the all-encompassing India-Bangladesh partnership.
- The India-Bangladesh delegation level talks were led by both leaders. Issues related to connectivity, energy, water resources, trade and investment, border management and security, development partnership and regional and multilateral matters were on the agenda.
- Two leaders jointly unveiled Unit-I of the Maitree Super Thermal Power Project following bilateral and delegation level talks in Delhi.
- The project is being constructed under India’s concessional financing scheme. It will add 1320 MW to Bangladesh’s National Grid.
- Seven MoUs, including on water resources, railways, science and technology, space technology were exchanged following the talks.
- This includes an MoU between Prasar Bharati and Bangladesh Television on cooperation in the field of broadcasting.
- Prime Minister Modi announced that an important agreement on water sharing from the Kushiyara River has been signed.
- This will benefit Southern Assam in India and Sylhet region in Bangladesh.