India-UK Young Professionals Scheme:
India opens Young Professionals Scheme visas for U.K. graduates
- Under the reciprocal scheme, Indian and British nationals aged between 18 and 30 can apply to live and work in either country for a period of up to two years.
- Under the Young Professionals Scheme, announced about a month ago, young citizens of India and the U.K. can visit each other for up to two years at a time,” said Indian High Commissioner to the U.K. Vikram Doraiswami, announcing the scheme’s launch on Twitter.
- To avail of the benefits of the scheme, the person should be an Indian citizen, he or should be between 18 to 30 years old, should have at least 2,350 pounds in savings
- Persons entering through the scheme can set up the company. However, the equipment used in the company should not exceed 5,000 pounds. And such people cannot hire employees
- The scheme is not for family members
- People availing of the benefits of the scheme cannot work as sportspersons