India-UN Capacity Building Initiative:
India and the United Nations recently launched a joint capacity-building initiative called the “India-UN Capacity Building Initiative,” designed to foster growth and development in the Global South.
- India-UN Capacity Building Initiative is aimed at building the capacity of countries in the Global South.
- The goal is to share India’s development experiences, best practices, and expertise through capacity-building and training programs.
- It extends the success of India’s G20 Presidency, which prioritised the inclusion of voices from the Global South in the G20 agenda.
- The initiative builds upon the extensive cooperation in development and capacity building that India already has bilaterally with the partner countries.
- As part of this initiative, the UN India team and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will “partner to leverage India’s Technical and Economic Cooperation platform to share India’s development experiences and best practices across the world.