19th Edition Of Exercise Yudh Abhyas:
The 19th edition of “EXERCISE YUDH ABHYAS” will be conducted from 25th September to 8th October 2023 in Fort Wainwright, Alaska, USA.
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas is an annual exercise conducted jointly by the Indian Army and the United States Army.
- Indian Army contingent comprising 350 personnel will participate in this edition of the Exercise.
- The lead battalion from the Indian side is affiliated to MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment.
- Both sides will practice a series of tactical drills to enhance interoperability in conducting UN peacekeeping operations.
- The theme is ‘Employment of an Integrated Battle Group in Mountain/ Extreme Climatic Conditions’ under Chapter VII of the United Nations mandate.
- The scope of the Field Training Exercise includes validation of Integrated Battle Groups against hostile forces at the Brigade level, Integrated Surveillance Grid at the Brigade/ Battalion level, employment of Heliborne/ Airborne elements and Force Multipliers etc.
- The Exercise will also involve exchange of views and best practices in drills on a wide spectrum of combat skills including combat engineering, obstruction clearance, mine and Improvised Explosive Devices warfare.