India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-Up Challenge:
Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced the results of India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale start-up challenge launched under Amrut 2.0 in March this year.
- A total of 76 startup have been selected out of 222 entries, which through their innovative ideas will help local civic bodies and water supply departments conserve water and resolve its scarcity.
- The Minister declared the results in City-Startup Partnership Summit for Water Scarcity organised by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in New Delhi.
- The Ministry extended this challenge under the name “Startup Gateway.”
- The Challenge aims at empowering startups in the water/ used-water sector to grow through innovation and design that will drive sustainable economic growth and generate employment opportunities.
- Hundreds of startups representatives, Cities officials, academia and students participated in City-Startup Partnership Summit for Water Scarcity.