The INDIAai and Meta India signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to establish a framework for collaboration and cooperation in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) and emerging technologies.
- INDIAai is the National artificial intelligence Portal of India which was launched on 28th May 2020.
- It is a knowledge portal, research organisation, and an ecosystem-building initiative.
- It stands to unite and promote collaborations with various entities in India’s AI ecosystem.
- It is a joint initiative by the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY),National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and NASSCOM.
- NeGD was created in 2009 as an Independent Business Division under the Digital India Corporation (a not-for-profit company set up by MeitY).
- NASSCOM is a not-for-profit industry association and the apex body for the IT and IT-enabled products and services sector in India.
- It is the single central knowledge hub on artificial intelligence and allied fields for aspiring entrepreneurs, students, professionals, academics, and everyone else.