Indian Olympic Association : Three-Member Ad Hoc Committee
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) formed a three-member ad hoc committee to run the day-to-day affairs of the Wrestling Federation of India
- Indian Olympic Association (IOA) is the governing body for the Olympic Movement and the Commonwealth Games in India.
- As an affiliated member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF), Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), and Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC), the IOA administers various aspects of sports governance and athletes’ welfare in the country.
- IOA oversees the representation of athletes or teams participating in the Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games, and other international multi-sport competitions of the IOC, CGF, OCA, and ANOC.
- Beyond participation in the Games, the IOA has also established various initiatives with different stakeholders for the development of sports education and Olympic studies.
- IOA is recognised by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- The members of the IOA include National Sports Federations (NSFs), State Olympic Associations, IOC Members, and other select multi-sport organisations.
- In accordance with the Olympic Charter, the membership NSFs mostly include NSFs that govern sports featured in the sports programme of the Summer Olympic Games, Winter Olympic Games, Asian Games, and Commonwealth Games.