CrackitToday App

Know India Programme

Know India Programme:

The Secretary (CPV & OIA) recently addressed the Valedictory Session of the 70th edition of the Know India Programme (KIP) at a function held at the Ministry of External Affairs.

  • KIP is a flagship programme of the Ministry of External Affairs for engagement with Indian origin youth (between 18 and 30 years old).
  • It is a three-week orientation programme for diaspora youth conducted with a view to promoting awareness of different facets of life in contemporary India.
  • The programme has been in existence since 2003.
  • As a part of the programme, the applicants finalized through the selection process visit India for a 21-day schedule.
  • 90% of the cost of international airfare for KIP participants visiting India is borne by the Ministry, while the remaining 10% is borne by the applicants themselves.
  • During the period of their stay in India, the Ministry provides for their accommodation, meals, and domestic transportation by road/air.
  • During the period of their stay in India, the KIP participants are given insights into their understanding of India’s political system, economy, society, and developments in various key sectors.
  • Further, they are also provided exposure to India’s history and heritage by visiting places of historical and cultural significance.
  • The Ministry also facilitates their interactions with students and professionals from various fields, along with arranging for meetings and call on visits with senior officials and leadership.
  • The KIP participants are also taken for a 7–10-day state visit to one or more Indian states as a part of the Programme.