Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency:
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. IREDA has been conferred with the “Green Urja Award” for being the Leading Public Institution in Financing Institution for Renewable Energy this year by the Indian Chamber of Commerce
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) is a Mini Ratna (Category – I) Government of India Enterprise under the administrative control of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
- IREDA is a Public Limited Government Company established as a Non-Banking Financial Institution in 1987.
- IREDA has been notified as a “Public Financial Institution” under section 4 ‘A’ of the Companies Act, 1956, and registered as a Non-Banking Financial Company (NFBC) with Reserve Bank of India (RBI). IREDA’s Motto is “Energy for Ever.”
- IREDA is the only dedicated institution for financing Renewable Energy (RE) & Energy Efficiency (EE) projects in India.
- Since its inception, the company has played a catalytic role in developing a market for financing RE & EE projects.
- IREDA has over the years sanctioned loans aggregating to Rs. 96,601 crores, disbursed Rs. 63,492 cores and supported more than 17,586 MW of RE capacity in the country to date.