INS Rajput Will Be Decommissioned:
INS Rajput will be Decommissioned on 21 May 2021 at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam.
- INS Rajput is the first destroyer of the Indian Navy.
- INS Rajput, the lead ship of the Kashin-class destroyers built by the erstwhile USSR was commissioned on 04 May 1980
- INS Rajput was constructed in the 61 Communards Shipyard in Nikolaev (present-day Ukraine) under her original Russian name ‘Nadezhny’ meaning ‘Hope’.
- The keel of the ship was laid on 11 Sep 1976 and she was launched on 17 Sep 1977.
- The ship was commissioned as INS Rajput on 04 May 1980 at Poti, Georgia by IK Gujral.