The sixth Scorpene Submarine of Project-75, Indian Navy’s Kalvari class, ‘Vaghsheer’ recently commenced her sea trials.
- INS Vagsheer (S26) is the sixth submarine of the first batch of six Kalvari-class submarines for the Indian Navy.
- It is named after the sand fish, a deadly deep-sea predator of the Indian Ocean.
- It is designed by French naval defence and energy group Naval Group and manufactured by Mazagon Dock Limited.
- It is designed to operate in all theatres of operation, showcasing interoperability with other components of a Naval Task Force.
- The Kalvari class is a class of diesel-electric attack submarines based on the Scorpène-class submarine being built for the Indian Navy.
- The submarines are designed by French naval defence and energy company DCNS and are being manufactured by Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai.
- It has been constructed with technology transfer from French firm Naval Groupunder a programme called Project 75.