S-8OFP : New Air-Launched Rocket
Russian forces will soon be armed with a new air-launched rocket with the S-8OFP entering production
- S-80FP is an 80mm unguided rocket developed primarily for the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
- It is an air-to-surface rocket intended for both fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft.
- It was designed by Splav Corporation, Russia.
- It is designed to hit sole and multiple targets, unarmored and lightly-armored military hardware, as well as surface ships.
- The S-80FP can detonate before hitting the target, on impact or after penetrating the target.
- It has a total weight of 17 kg and its warhead of 9.5 kg.