International Day Of Cooperatives:
100th International Day of Cooperatives was observed.
- India celebrated the day under the theme “Building a Self-Reliant India and a Better World through Co-operatives”.
- The International Day of Cooperatives was declared by the United Nations General Assembly on 16th December 1992, on the first Saturday of July.
- The purpose of this festival is to promote cooperatives globally and foster an environment that will foster their expansion and profitability.
- The occasion highlights the cooperative movement’s contributions to tackling the major issues addressed by the United Nations as well as to enhancing and expanding the alliances between the cooperative movement internationally and other actors.
- It aims to raise awareness of cooperatives and further the values of the movement—
- International solidarity,
- Economic efficiency,
- Global peace.
- Theme for 2022: Cooperatives Build a Better World.