IT Hardware PLI Scheme 2.0:
The Cabinet approved the Production Linked Incentive Scheme 2.0 for IT Hardware with a budgetary outlay of Rs 17,000 crore.
- Electronics manufacturing in India has witnessed consistent growth with a 17 per cent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in the last 8 year
- PLI Scheme 2.0 is for IT hardware covers laptops, tablets, all-in-one PCs, servers and ultra-small form factor devices
- PLI Scheme Objective is to Scale up domestic manufacturing capability. Increase import substitution and Generate employment.
- Initial Targeted Industries was Mobile and allied Component Manufacturing, Electrical Component Manufacturing, and Medical Devices.
- Now expanded to—Automobile and auto components, Electronics and IT hardware, Telecom, Pharmaceuticals, Solar modules, Metals and mining, Textiles and apparel, White goods, Drones, Advanced chemistry cell batteries other sectors as well.
- Incentives Calculated based on incremental sales.
- Range from 1% to 20% depending on the industry.
- In some sectors such as advanced chemistry cell batteries, textile products and the drone industry, the incentive is on the basis of sales, performance and local value addition done over the period of five years.