Japan’s Official Development Assistance To India:
Japan has approved Official Development Assistance (ODA) to India, for a few Key projects.
Projects under ODA:
- Rs. 5,509 crores have been approved for Patna Metro Rail Construction Project (I).
- It aims to cope with the increase of traffic demand in Patna by constructing the new metro corridor, thereby contributing to improvement of the urban environment and development of the economy as well as mitigation of Climate Change.
- Rs. 520 crores approx. have been approved for the Project for Forest and Biodiversity Conservation for Climate Change Response in West Bengal.
- It aims to mitigate and adapt to climate change, conserve and restore ecosystems by ecosystem-based climate change measures, biodiversity conservation and restoration, thereby contributing to sustainable socio-economic development in the State.
- Rs. 1,055.53 crores have been approved for Rajasthan Water Sector Livelihood Improvement Project (II).
- It aims to improve livelihoods of farmers as well as promote gender mainstreaming in agriculture and irrigation sector in the State, by improving water use efficiency and agriculture productivity, through improvement of existing irrigation facilities and agriculture support services.