The Maharashtra Bhushan Puraskar:
The Maharashtra Bhushan Selection Committee chaired by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray unanimously selected legendary playback singer Asha Bhosle for the prestigious award.
- The Maharashtra Bhushan Puraskar will be given to legendary playback singer Asha Bhosle for the year 2021.
- The Maharashtra Bhushan is a highest civilian award presented annually by the government of Maharashtra.
- It was first awarded in 1996 to Purushottam Laxman Deshpande in the field of Literature.
- It was initially conferred in every years in the fields of Literature, Art, Sport, and Science.
- Later the fields of Social Work, Journalism, and Public Administration and Health Services were included. The award is presented for outstanding achievement in their field.