Mahila Samman Saving Certificate Scheme: Union Budget 2023
Finance Minister recently announced a new saving scheme ‘Mahila Samman Saving Certificate’ for women and girls in the Union Budget.
- Mahila Samman Saving Certificate’ Scheme offers deposit facility up to Rs 2 lakh in the name of women or girls for a tenor of 2 years.
- It offers fixed interest rate of 7.5 per cent.
- There are no tax benefits, but partial withdrawal is allowedin this scheme.
- This is a one-time scheme announced in Budget 2023 and will remain available for a two-year period i.e. up to March 2025.
- It will encourage more women to adopt formal financial saving instruments.