It has been launched by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser for promoting collaboration between industry and the Scientific research and development ecosystem to meet India’s sustainability goals.
- Programmes: Knowledge Transfer, Interactive sessions, exhibitions on new innovations
- Platform is powered by NSEIT subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India
- Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) is the chief advisor to the government on matters related to scientific policy and holds a secretary-level position.
- ‘Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser’, through the PM’s Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC)helps scientific cross-sectoral synergy across ministries, institutions and the industry.
- 1st PSA was P. J. Abdul Kalam (1999-2002)
- Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), in coordination with the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), launched an online hackathon “Manthan 2021” (for a technical solution to challenges faced by intelligence agencies)