Jal Shakti Ministry unveiled a new initiative under Arth Ganga (under Namami Gange Programme)
- Arth Ganga aims to promote economic activities along the Ganga River bank
The new initiatives are:
- Jalaj initiative (Skill enhancement along with Ganga Conservation)
- Sahakar Bharati (sustainable economic development by public participation)
- ImAvatar (promotes livelihood opportunities)
- New course ‘River Champ’ on CLAP: The continuous learning and activity portal (CLAP) is an online platform for raising awareness, actions and debates around river conservation in India.