MedTech Mitra Portal:
The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the MedTech Mitra portal.
- MedTech Mitra portal is an online portal that aims to assist medtech innovators in clinical evaluation, regulatory facilitation, and uptake of new products.
- The portal will be coordinated collaboratively by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO), under the guidance of NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission.
- The MedTech Mitra platform, along with the recent medical devices policy and the production-linked incentive scheme, will together provide a boost to the medical devices sector and encourage domestic manufacturing of these devices.
- The new initiatives would facilitate indigenous development of affordable, quality MedTech devices and diagnostics, leading to a considerable reduction in the import dependence of this sector.
- It will ensure ease of innovation and doing R&D for emerging start-ups.
- It would provide end-to-end guidance to startups, making their journey from idea to product smooth. The platform will also help them bridge gaps and help in animal as well as clinical trials.
- It would also foster partnerships between engineers, scientists and clinicians, which was lacking in the sector.