Meri Maati Mera Desh Campaign:
The Indian government has initiated the ‘Meri Maati Mera Desh’ campaign as part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ celebration of 75 years of Independence.
- Soil collected from various parts of the country will be used to develop the Amrit Vatika Garden along the Kartavya Path in Delhi.
- Events planned at different levels, from panchayat and village to state and national levels.
- Shilaphalakam ,memorial plaque with the names of bravehearts who made the supreme sacrifice to be installed.
- Pledge taken by people affirming their commitment to the country.
- Planting 75 saplings of indigenous species in every gram panchayat or village under ‘Vasudha Vandhan’.
- ‘Veeron Ka Vandan’ to felicitate freedom fighters and families of deceased freedom fighters.