‘Meri Policy Mere Haath’ Campaign : By Karnataka
Meri Policy Mere Haath’ campaign was launched recently in Hassan, Karnataka.
- The campaign is part of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- It is aimed at motivating all farmers in the country to insure their crops.
- Under this program, every farmer who has taken insurance under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) will get the policy documents at their doorstep.
- The campaign empowers the farmers through crop insurance awareness and by bringing the insurance policy to their doorsteps.
- The campaign will also help in increasing the direct communication between the farmers and insurance companies.
- The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) has successfully entered its seventh year of implementation with the upcoming Kharif 2022 season, completing six years of its implementation since its announcement on 18 February 2016.
- Till date, the scheme has insured over 30 crore farmer applications (5.5 crore farmer applications on year-on-year basis).
- Over the period of 5 years, more than 8.3 crore farmer applications have benefited from the scheme.
- Moreover, Rs.95,000 crores claims have been paid as against Rs. 20,000 crore farmers share.