Man Booker International Prize 2022:
Delhi-based writer Geetanjali Shree’s 2019 novel Ret Samadhi became the first Hindi work of fiction, among 13 books, to be longlisted for the Man Booker International Prize.
- The novel has been translated into English by painter, writer and translator, Daisy Rockwell under the title Tomb of Sand.
- Man Booker International Prize is an international literary award hosted in the United Kingdom.
- The introduction of the International Prize to complement the Man Booker Prize was announced in June 2004.
- Sponsored by the Man Group, from 2005 until 2015 the award was given every two years to a living author of any nationality for a body of work published in English or generally available in English translation.]
- Since 2016, the award has been given annually to a single book translated into English and published in the United Kingdom or Ireland, with a £50,000 prize for the winning title, shared equally between author and translator.