The National Health Authority (NHA) announced 100 Microsites projects for accelerated adoption of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) across the country
- Microsites project are defined geographical regions where focused outreach efforts would be made to onboard small and medium-scale private healthcare providers.
- Types of facilities to be covered under a Microsite:
- Private facilities such as standalone clinics, polyclinics, nursing homes, small hospitals (preferably <10 beds), labs, pharmacies, and any other healthcare facilities wherein health records are generated.
- Health Facilities and Health Professionals from all the systems of medicine.
- Any State/UT can choose to implement any of the following categories of Microsites as per the regional priorities.
- Category A Microsite: A microsite which consists of at least 1000 facilities, inclusive of all types of health facilities, as mentioned above
- Category B Microsite: A microsite that consists of at least 500 facilities but less than 1000 facilities, inclusive of all types of health facilities, as mentioned above.
- These Microsites would be majorly implemented by State Mission Directors of ABDM, while the financial resources and overall guidance would be provided by NHA.
- An interfacing agency under this program will have an on-ground team to reach out to the healthcare providers in the area.
- This team will spread awareness about the benefits of ABDM.
- It will help the service providers to join the core registries under ABDM, besides promoting the use of ABDM to enable digital solutions for regular clinical documentation.