Ministry Of Coal Finalises Agenda Document For 2021- 22:
The Ministry of Coal has finalized an Agenda Document for the year 2021-22 which broadly focuses on the four areas of :
- Coal Sector Reforms
- Coal Transition and Sustainability
- Institution Building
- Futuristic Agenda.
The Agenda covers the entire gamut of areas for steering the Coal Sector into new technologies while focussing on the core competence of ensuring set production targets including the one billion tonne by 2024.
- Coal Sector Reforms include Projects for the financial year 2021-22, Jharia Master Plan, Safety in coal mines, Coking coal Strategy, Solar Power Projects, Coal Despatch & Stocking, Coal Export in Neighbouring Countries and Strategy to boost coal production of mines allocated through auction.
- At the same time, Coal Transition & Sustainability covers the areas of social aspects of coal transition, monetization of de-coaled land, use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in data mining/drones and Sustainability (Net Zero Emissions)
- Institution building segment of the above Agenda contains reforms in Coal Controller Organisation (CCO), Coal Mines Provident Fund Organisation (CMPFO), upgrading Coal testing lab andstaffing quality and training issues.
- The Futuristic Agenda include Coal to Chemical: Syn Gas, Hydrogen Gas, Liquid fuels, Chemicals and fertilizers, CIL – diversify its business and explore prospects in sunrise industries electric charging pods, EVs etc. Acquisition and mergers of similar or new business after due diligence, media campaign and close monitoring of CSR activities.