Mirabai Chanu won the silver medal at the 2020 Summer Tokyo Olympics in Women’s 49 kg, becoming the first Indian weightlifter to win silver at the Olympics and the second Indian weightlifter after Karnam Malleswari to win an Olympic medal
- Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (born 8 August 1994) is an Indian weightlifter
- She won the silver medal at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Women’s 49 kg.
- Chanu had won the silver medal in the women’s 48 kg weight class at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, Glasgow; she went on to break the games record en route to the gold medal at the 2018 edition of the event held in Gold Coast.
- In 2017, she won the gold medal at World Weightlifting Championships held in Anaheim, California.
- She was awarded the Padma Shri and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2018.