Union Education Minister launched the “MyNEP2020” Platform of NCTE Web Portal.
- The platform seeks to invite suggestions from the stakeholders for preparing a draft for the development of National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPST) and National Mission for Mentoring Program membership (NMM).
- The “MyNEP2020” platform will be operational from 1st April 2021 to 15th May 2021.
- For preparing the documents on the above two major recommendations of NEP 2020, NCTE will work in close consultation with individuals/organizations.
- An expert committee will extensively review the inputs collected during the consultation period and will finally formulate the Drafts for public review. Comments by the reviewers from the stakeholders will then be used to prepare a final Draft for notification.
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) is a statutory body of the Indian government set up under the National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993 in 1995 to formally oversee standards, procedures, and processes in the Indian education system.