Nanhi Pari Programme:
The ‘Nanhi Pari’ Programme was by the Northwest Delhi district administration.
- ‘Nanhi Pari’ is a scheme to provide a one-stop solution to parents, eliminating their need to visit various offices to obtain documents.
- The basic aim of most of these schemes is to protect the birth of the girl child, and to facilitate a safe and secure environment and education for her.
- The programme aims to complete essential services such as provision of a birth certificate, Aadhaar card registration, and opening a bank account for girls delivered in government hospitals in the district before mother and baby are discharged.
- It aims to get registration for schemes for girl children and mothers such as the Sukanya Samriddhi Account scheme, the Ladli scheme, and Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana done at the hospital itself.
- Apart from ensuring that schemes reach target beneficiaries and protecting the interests of girl children, the programme also aims to promote Institutional Deliveries.
- It makes the processes for schemes as simple as possible for all children and mothers.
- Parents would not have to go from here to there, trying to avail themselves of essential schemes.