National Ayush Mission:
The government has decided to continue the National Ayush Mission (NAM) as a centrally sponsored scheme till 2026.
- The project will have a total cost of Rs. 4,603 crore, of which the Centre will bear Rs 3,000 crore share, and the states will cover the rest.
- Recently, new portals on the Ayush sector were also launched.
- The Mission was launched on 15-09-2014.
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National AYUSH Mission is being implemented by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
- Its objectives are providing cost effective AYUSH Services, with a universal access through
- upgrading AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries,
- co-location of AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and District Hospitals (DHs),
- strengthening institutional capacity at the State level through upgrading AYUSH educational institutions,
- setting up of new upto 50 bedded integrated AYUSH Hospital,
- AYUSH Public Health programmes and
- operationalization of 12,500 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres.