National Conference Of Environment Ministers:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the National Conference of Environment Ministers in Ekta Nagar, Gujarat on 23rd September, 2022 via video conferencing.
- Taking forward the spirit of cooperative federalism, Conference is being convened to create further synergy amongst the Central and State Governments in formulating better policies on environmental issues.
- The two day Conference being organised on 23rd and 24th September will have six thematic sessions with topics focusing on
- LiFE- Lifestyle for Environment;
- Combating Climate Change (Updating State Action Plans on Climate Change for Mitigation of Emissions and Adaptation to Climate Impacts) ;
- PARIVESH (Single Window System for Integrated Green Clearances) ;
- Forestry Management ;
- Prevention and Control of Pollution; Wildlife Management ;
- Plastics and Waste Management.