National Council Of Science Museums (NCSM):
National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) is collaborating with the Science Museum Group, London for an international traveling exhibition ‘Hunt for the Vaccine’. The exhibition will tell the story of the global effort to find new ways to develop vaccines and look at vaccinations more broadly with a historical and contemporary view.
- National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) is a premier institution in the field of science communication.
- It is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
- It is Headquartered in Kolkata.
- It was established in 1978.
- It is primarily engaged in popularizing Science and Technology through a network of science centres and Mobile Science Exhibitions (MSE) units that visit rural schools.
- Presently NCSM administers and manages 25 science museums/centres spread across the country and is the “world’s largest network of science centres and museums that functions under a single administrative umbrella” with an annual reach of about 15 million people.