National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment 2021 (NeSDA 2021):
The Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions released the second edition of the National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment 2021 (NeSDA 2021).
- The NeSDA 2021 report has been prepared covering the assessment of States, Union Territories with a focus on Central Ministries on their effectiveness in delivering online services to citizens.
- NeSDA 2021 covers services across seven sectors: Finance, Labour and Employment, Education, Local Governance and Utility Services, Social Welfare, Environment and Tourism sectors.
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) had constituted the NeSDA in 2019 as part of its mandate to boost the e-government endeavours and drive digital government excellence.
- Jammu and Kashmir, assessed for the first time, ranked the highest among Union Territories with an overall compliance of nearly 90 percent for NeSDA.
- Meghalaya and Nagaland are the leading state portals with an overall compliance of more than 90 percent across all assessment parameters among the northeast and hill states.
- Kerala, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh had a compliance of more than 85 percent among the Remaining States category.
- Kerala had the highest overall compliance score amongst all the States and UTs.