National Green Hydrogen Mission:
Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways recently said that as per the National Hydrogen Mission of the country, Green Hydrogen/Ammonia bunkers and refuelling facilities will be established in all major ports by 2035.
- National Green Hydrogen Mission was approved by the Union Cabinet on 4 January 2022.
- Aim is to make India a Global Hub for the production, utilization and export of Green Hydrogen and its derivatives.
- The mission outcomes projected by 2030 are:
- Development of green hydrogen production capacity of at least 5 MMT (Million Metric Tonnes) per annum with an associated renewable energy capacity addition of about 125 GW in the country;
- Over Rs. Eight lakh crore in total investments;
- Creation of over Six lakh jobs;
- Cumulative reduction in fossil fuel imports over Rs. One lakh crore;
- Abatement of nearly 50 MMT of annual greenhouse gas emissions;