National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2023:
The Minister of State for Education released the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2023.
Highlights of NIRF 2023:
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras retains its 1st position in Overall Category and Engineering.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru tops the Universities Category and stood first in Research Institutions Category.
- IIM Ahmedabad tops in Management subject retaining its first position.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi occupies the top slot in Medical.
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru retains its first position.
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi takes the top slot in Agriculture and Allied Sectors.
- Three distinct additions to the 2023 edition of India Rankings are as follows:
- Introduction of a new subject namely Agriculture & Allied Sectors.
- Integration of the “Innovation” ranking previously executed by the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) into the India Rankings to reduce the burden on institutions of providing similar data to two different agencies.
- Expansion of scope of “Architecture” to “Architecture and Planning” to include institutions imparting courses in Urban and Town Planning.
- With the addition of these the existing portfolio of India Rankings has increased to 13 categories and subject domains that have been ranked in India Rankings 2023.
- It ranks Overall, University, Colleges, Research Institutions & Innovation and also 8 subject domains, namely Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Architecture & Planning, Medical, Law, Dental Agriculture and Allied Sectors.
- Five broad categories of parameters are identified in the NIRF: Teaching, learning and resources (TLR); research and professional practice; graduation outcome; outreach; and inclusivity and perception.