National Mobile Monitoring System : MGNREGA
Digitally capturing the attendance of workers employed under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGREGS) through NMMS has been made universal by the Centre from January 1, 2023.
- Any worksite having 20 or more workers under MGREGS are to compulsorily mark the attendance through NMMS
- The NMMS App was launched by the Minister of Rural Development on May 21 2021.
- This app is aimed at bringing more transparency and ensuring proper monitoring of the schemes.
- It permits taking real-time attendance of workers at Mahatma Gandhi NREGA worksites along with a geo-tagged photograph.
- The app helps in increasing citizen oversight of the programme.
- The App is applicable for the Mahatma Gandhi NREGA workers for all the States/ Union Territories.