National Overseas Scholarship Scheme:
Indians who have been sent abroad to study through the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme have sent their gratitude towards the Indian Government for the scholarship programme.
- National Overseas Scholarship Scheme is a Central Sector Scheme to facilitate the low income students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans category to obtain higher education by studying abroad.
- The Scheme provides financial assistance to the selected candidates for pursuing Masters level courses and Ph.D. courses abroad in the Institutions/Universities accredited by the Government/an authorized body of that country in any fields of study.
- In each Selection Year, 125 fresh awards, subject to availability of funds, will be given under the Scheme.
- Implementing Agency: Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- Reservation: 30% of the awards for each year are earmarked for women candidates.