National Service Scheme Awards:
The President of India presented the National Service Scheme Awards for the year 2021-2022 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- These awards were instituted in the years 1993-1994. Since then, these awards are given away every year at various levels.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Department of Youth Affairs, confers every year the National Service Scheme Award.
- Objectives :
- To recognize outstanding contribution by NSS student volunteers, NSS Programme Officers and the Programme Coordinators in community service.
- To encourage young NSS student volunteers to develop their personality through community service.
- To encourage the Programme Officers and the Programme Coordinators of NSS for catering the needs of National Service Scheme through the NSS volunteers.
- To motivate NSS Volunteers for continuing their selfless service towards community work.